Thursday, October 29, 2009

"More than Once a Year Makes Them Nervous"


Woah. It has a graphic. I'm sort of climbing out of a bad patch, thanks to yesterday's non-productivity, doses of Futurama and Rome, and cracking The Gone Away World (thanks, Nick!). Nothing serious, but there's a few things in my life that are going to change. But this post has to do with the panel. I'll post about my life later.

It's a little nerve-wracking to know that the panel is coming up in less than a week and a half. Must do some brushing-up on Dracula (where is that quote? Is reading from the Unicorn edition a good idea or just bragging?) Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, Laurel K. Hamilton, Nancy Collins, Suzy McKee Charnas, a touch of Leonard Wolf, perhaps quote Frank Langella. Peg the dates of Hotel Transylvania and Interview with a Vampire. I think I'll need some notecards. And when did that "Demon Lover" ballad get written down?

But the real question remains; is there anything that humans won't have sex with?

2 comments:

Heather said...

Re. is there anything humans won't have sex with? Maybe zombies?

I was arguing with my cousin (a fervant zombie supporter) about whether zombies can be the new vampires, if no one wants to have sex with them. I could not think of a single example of a zombie being the romantic lead in a book or movie.

He countered with "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and "The Corpse Bride". Do these count?

Are there any books about sex with zombies? Would anyone read them if there were?

John Goodrich said...

Dan Waters excellent "Generation Dead" casts zombies as the new kids in high school. They aren't rotting zombies, just kids who are dead and don't seem to have souls.

Let's see if I can jam a picture in the comments here...

Guess not. Well, take a look at this:

http://www.fearzone.com/content/images/large/large-267.jpg