Friday, February 26, 2010

Huh...

I think my career as a photographer has started.


One of the joys of owning my own website is that I can peek behind the curtain and look at the mechanics. In this case, you're looking at the amount of bandwidth used by qusoor.com. It includes a rundown of how many times a particular page has been referenced, and where data is being sent. It's kind of interesting... about eight years ago, I discovered that Anton LaVey's daughter had linked to the Ultimate Hellblazer Index from her site.

Because I'm on a great server, I've got a lot of bandwidth that I don't use, so I'm pretty lenient about people who use my photos. But every now and then I check out the list to see who's using what. And if I don't approve, or some is heavily using my pictures, I'll put up an unpleasant image. If you're going to show a lot of people an image, at least have the decency to use your own bandwidth. My photo of Sting, for example, is surprisingly popular.

This morning, as I was looking through my links, I came across this little leach. I guess he likes my photography. Yeah, there's a difference between using it for free and actually paying for it, but I guess my photo was evocative enough that it suited his purposes.

No comments: