Friday, April 23, 2010

And next... off to fight a Green Knight

Having had a long, slow slog getting back to being energetic... I'm not thinking about myself as having Seasonal Affective Disorder. After all, I'm not so depressed that I can't get out of bed. I just miss the sun (see my Floating down the Nile posts) when it's not up for eight hours. But I'm not thinking of it as SAD. I am, however, scknowledging that I do slow down during the winter months.

I'm starting to refer to it as "Celtic Solar Hero." Gawain, in some stories, gains strength as the sun goes up during the day, and slowly loses is as the afternoon wears on. There are a few other examples of this sort of hero, none of which I can think of offhand. But I now think of myself this way. Although the sun remains a burning ball of hatred when its on full blast, it's also a source of strength.

No comments: